The previously advertised request for informal bids for HVAC replacement of the Ranlo Lodge has been canceled.
Prior to soliciting and accepting bids, the Ranlo Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing on Thursday, August 11th 2022 for the purpose of soliciting citizen input on the Town’s proposed outreach plan and to establish verifiable percentage goals by minority business in the awarding of the business construction contract under North Carolina General Statute 143-128.2.
After the conclusion of the public hearing and the adoption of the Town’s Minority Business Participation Outreach Plan and Guidelines for Recruitment and Selection of Minority Businesses for Participation in the Town of Ranlo Building Construction or Repair Contracts, the Board will discuss and approve compliant bid packages for the project.
Upon approval of the bid packages on August 11th 2022, a pre-bid conference will be held at 10:00 am, August 12, 2022 at Ranlo Town Hall, 1624 Spencer Mountain Road, Gastonia, North Carolina 28054. All General Contractors are encouraged to be represented at the conference to familiarize themselves with the Town of Ranlo’s Minority Business Participation Outreach Plan and Guidelines for Recruitment and Selection of Minority Businesses for Participation in the Town of Ranlo Building Construction or Repair Contracts for minority business participation in building construction or repair contracts.
For more information, contact Ranlo Town Hall at 704-824-3461.
Request for Informal Bids
New HVAC System for Ranlo Lodge
2000 Spencer Mountain Road
Gastonia, North Carolina 28054
In accordance with Section 143-131, North Carolina General Statutes, the Town of Ranlo is requesting informal quotations for a new HVAC system for the Ranlo Lodge, located at 2000 Spencer Mountain Road, Gastonia, North Carolina 28054. Bids will be received by the Town to comply with the scope of work listed below until 12:00 pm on August 5, 2022, at Ranlo Town Hall, 1624 Spencer Mountain Road, Gastonia, North Carolina, or electrically at email@example.com.
The Town reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to waive informalities, and to accept any bid which, in the opinion of the Town, appears to be in its best interest or to award this project in part or in total.
Bids will be evaluated by determining the lowest responsive, responsible bidder considering:
• Bidder’s ability and capacity to provide the designated materials.
• Bidders price for services.
• Character, integrity, reputation, judgment, experience, and efficiency of bidder.
Scope of Work:
Supply and install a new ten ton gas package unit and a new metal duct system to include the following:
1. Run new R-8 Insulated ductwork;
2. Run new power supply to new unit;
3. Run new gas line;
4. Removal and disposal of two old ventilation fans, existing duct work, existing heat pump units and old gas line from meter currently feeding teh hanging gas furnace per EPA regulations;
5. Removal the hanging unit heater;
6. Patch existing holes where gas piping currently is;
7. Patch existing holes and remove the existing refrigeration lines that feed the existing outdoor units;
8. New condensate drain piping from new unit;
9. New Electrical connections, per code by licensed Electrician;
10. All permitting and inspections.