The Ranlo Police Department is now taking applications for a Police Officer position. Requirements for this position are applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalent, must be 21 years of age, must have a Basic Law Enforcement Training Certificate, must be able to pass a drug and physiological test, and must possess a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
Applicants can pick up a application at Ranlo Town Hall located at 1624 Spencer Mountain Rd. Gastonia, NC 28054.
Applicants are asked to submit an F-3 form with application at minimum, applicant can submit a resume but it is not a requirement.
The Town of Ranlo is seeking a qualified professional for the position of Finance Director, who will serve as an integral part of the town’s leadership team and report directly to the Town Coordinator.
Essential functions/typical tasks
- processes payroll on a weekly basis and distributes all required deductions
- assists with the financial administration and daily operations of the town following the guidelines of the North Carolina Local Government Budget and Fiscal Control Act, local, state, and federal regulations
- prepares and files detailed financial records as required by state and federal reports, invoices, schedules and forms, including W-2 and IRS 1099 forms, sales and use tax refunds, etc.
- participates in the development of policies for management of the financial management system; supervises the implementation of and compliance with established policies; provides technical assistance on the town’s financial system and operations to other departments
- coordinates, reviews, and resolves audit questions with auditors for the annual audit by furnishing necessary data and responding to inquiries
- reviews and verifies the accuracy of accounts payable prior to issuance and ensures cost-conscious purchases • reconciles all accounts monthly
- assists with preparation of annual budget for the town; monitors budget line items throughout the year to determine any pending overages; identifies and informs department heads and Town Coordinator of needed budget revisions and amendments; prepares budget amendments, transfers and posts once approved; performs grant accounting and assists departments with grant compliance reporting.
Minimum education requirements include a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or Public Administration from an accredited university and three to five years of experience in local government finance.
Preference will be given to candidates who are certified local government finance officers, certified public accountants, and candidates with personnel management experience.
Special requirements: certification as notary (or the ability to obtain within 6 months), possession of valid North Carolina driver’s license, pre-employment drug screen (and random thereafter) and background check.
In addition to the standard work schedule of Monday to Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., the Finance Director must be available to attend monthly town council meetings, additional training seminars as required, and other after-hours meetings, conferences, and events as required by the Town Coordinator.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, salary history, and a list of three professional references with email addresses and phone numbers to:
Finance Director Search
C/O Town Coordinator
1624 Spencer Mountain Road
Gastonia, NC 28054.
Electronic applications may be submitted via email to email@example.com. This position is open until filled.