The Ranlo Board of Commissioners unanimously approved the Town’s FY2021 total budget of $3,824,100.00, at its June 11 meeting. The Town’s fiscal year begins July 1.
Included in the Town’s approved budget:
- No property tax changes
- Modest increases in water, waste-water and garbage collection
- $50,000.00 for engineering studies for renovations to Town Hall
- $50,000.00 for Ranlo water tank restoration
- $20,000.00 to research, plan, and implement Ranlo Lodge renovations
- $25,000.00 for a new police vehicle
- $10,000.00 for a zero-turn lawnmower
- $15,000.00 for grant infrastructure and asset improvements
- $80,000.00 for street repairs
- $53,500.00 for Boulder Court Studies
The FY 2021 balances at $3,824,100.00 The budget consists of a General Fund Budget of $2,077,850; a Powell Bill Budget of $207,900.00; a Storm Water Budget of $27,000; and a Utility Fund Budget of $1,511,350. The Recommended Budget requires a $140,250 fund balance appropriation for the General Fund Budget, a $53,4000 fund balance appropriation for the Powell Bill Fund Budget, and a $93,350 fund balance for the Utility Fund Budget. The allocation required from fund balance for the General Fund is an approximate 66% decrease from the prior fiscal year; for the Utility Fund, the fund balance allocation is approximately 21% less than the prior fiscal year; and an approximate 2.4% decrease from the prior fiscal year for the Powell Bill Fund.